Connected Packaging Perceptions and Attitudes 2021
What do consumers think about connected packaging?
Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) brands have traditionally made major investments in R&D and marketing to win store-buying customers. But the Covid-19 pandemic has changed the landscape, further modifying the brand loyalty equation for rapidly changing, increasingly demanding consumers. 2020 has challenged brands to rethink their organizational structures, cultures and product development processes, and much more.
In addition to COVID-19, disrupting technologies like e-commerce and smartphones have turned the world of fast-moving consumer goods upside down, leading to declining market shares and profits. Today, buying decisions and customer loyalty tend to be motivated more by convenience and value than by which product has a stronger brand name or a more compelling look and feel.
Creating connected devices that transform the consumer experience while driving value and insights for brands is now a reality. The future is coming into greater focus for connected packaging—which allows the delivery of content and the creation of a direct relationship between brand and consumer. But how do consumers feel about it?
What’s included in the survey report?
- Detailed connected packaging insights from over 1,000 U.S. consumers
- Insights into changing buying behaviors due to Covid-19
- How consumers are using subscription services for household staples
- Perceptions and opinions on auto-replenishment
- Consumer preferences on direct-to-consumer communications
- Consumer insights on home inventory management and how to enable it
- Perspectives on data privacy in this evolving ecosystem